The Vanuatu Investment Promotion Authority (VIPA) is the Vanuatu institution which promotes, facilitates and regulates investments in Vanuatu. The institution is the gateway for any foreign direct investment information or queries on any pre-investment and post-investment services. Vanuatu friendly tax environment policy such as the tax haven policy and duty exemption on certain sectors including improvement on ease of doing business in the Pacific, continuous to attract from small to large companies investing in Vanuatu.
Investment opportunities in Vanuatu
Vanuatu is developing from its LDC status and is opening to opportunities on various sectors including Primary Production, Tourism, Infrastructure, Energy and Information and Communication Technology for development.
How to Apply to invest in Vanuatu
Prior to the commencement of business, a foreign investor is expected to apply to obtain approval the following agencies:
- Vanuatu investment Promotion Authority for Foreign Investment Registration
- Vanuatu immigration for resident permits
- Vanuatu Labour for work Permits
- Vanuatu Financial Service Commission for registration of the business and the business name
- Vanuatu Customs and Inland Revenue for the registration of Business License, and VAT
- Reserve Bank of Vanuatu for the issue of capital
- Vanuatu National Provident Fund for registration of the workers
For Further information, you can contact Vanuatu Investment and Promotion Authority:
2nd Floor, Tamara Building
Telephone: +678 24096/24441