Vanuatu Citizens in Fiji

The High Commission in Fiji is providing Consular Services to Vanuatu citizens residing in Fiji who can access the services of Immigration and Passport Departments. Therefore, Vanuatu citizens residing in Fiji are encouraged to register with the Vanuatu High Commission office located at 17 Mariko street, Laucala Bay, in Suva, Fiji.  This will enable us to know and locate Vanuatu Citizens in the event of an emergency situation. Registration may be done in person at the High Commission until the office finalizes and uploads its online registration forms.

Be informed that, Vanuatu citizens visiting Fiji are subject to its laws and are legally accountable to acts they commit within the country. In the event of a Vanuatu citizen facing some difficulty, the Vanuatu High Commission will ensure that the person receives the benefit of the same laws, administration, protection and means of redress which Fiji affords of its own subjects. 

For Vanuatu citizens traveling around Fiji, visiting families or friends should be aware that the Mission could only provide and facilitate basic information for travelers in difficulty. If you do happen to encounter serious problems while you are in Fiji, you should seek the assistance of the Vanuatu High Commission. However, there would be limitation to what the Vanuatu Mission can do for you.

What the Mission Can Do for You

  • Issue emergency travel documents.
  • Issue business and tourist visas including special category visa.
  • In the case of an accident, serious illness, or death is informed to the next of kin.  
  • Visit jail and inform next of kin in the case where one is arrested. 
  • Inform and facilitate support during emergencies, such as natural disasters.
  • Facilitating support of Vanuatu government sponsored students. 

What the Mission Cannot Do for You 

  • Arrange travel or hotel bookings.
  • Pay hotel, medical, or any other bills or expenses at the host country.
  • Provide funds to pay legal costs or fines cause at the host country. 
  • Get a person out of jail from the host country. 
  • Give legal advice or represent a person at legal proceedings.
  • Obtain special treatment if in jail, hospital, or in any dealings with local authorities.